Tuesday, June 07, 2011

a little diy flower

I found an awesome DIY material flower tutorial the other day and while bored one afternoon decided to give it a go! I know there are lots of tutorials out there for these little flowers, but I found I understood this one a little better then some. In fact, jennybevlin.com/blog has some great DIY projects and ideas on there! Take a peek :)

I had fun making these little guys and it's good to know I could make some to match any material for possible flower girl/bridesmaid or anything else accessories...but they sure are fiddly! Easy, but fiddly. I think the most pain-in-the-butt bit is cutting the circles - the material is so hard to cut in circles! I'm thinking of attempting to maybe hole punch the material or something, to see if that works and is more efficient. It could prove rather entertaining and I'll be sure to share with you!

But for now, my first pretty flower, turned into a ribbon headband. (Note that this ended up being 2 flowers sewn together - I found that just 6 petals sewed together didn't really give enough of the "boofiness" (yes, technical word!) that I was after! Next time I'll just use more petals)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...