Wednesday, May 15, 2013

dear baby

Written on the 12th of February, 2013

Dear Baby,

Wow, it's been a busy time since I wrote to you last. Almost all your immediate family knows about you now! We told the W side aunties and uncles on Australia Day at Nanny and Poppy's house, trying to sneak in the news while Great Uncle Ron (who was down in Sydney fixing Nanny's bathroom) was out of the room. We went and saw your Auntie Leesha, Uncle Micheal, Auntie Kimmy and Uncle Garth the next day. Aunty Meeka and Uncle Mark weren't home so we still need to share the news with them.

Auntie Leesha was so excited when we told her she would be getting THREE new nieces and nephews towards the end of the year, instead of just the two she thought! And Auntie Kimmy and Uncle Garth were over the moon! Auntie Kimmy is growing your little cousin as we speak, and we are so excited that you guys will be about 5 weeks apart in age. She is so excited to share her last pregnancy with our first :)

Ouma came home from America on Thursday - a surprise for everyone! She'll be here now to meet you. Auntie Leesha got Ouma's reaction on video - I will definitely be sharing that with you one day...

You gave Mummy a bit of nerves on Thursday, when I had a some cramping that moved to my back. So we went to the doctor. I got a bunch of tests, but the most exciting thing was that we finally got a referral to see you for the first time!!

On Saturday, 09.02.2013, - one day before our 8 year anniversary - we got to see you and your little heartbeat flashing away on the screen. You looked like a little jelly bean, but it's crazy to think that you are OUR little jelly bean. The lady was did our scan was just lovely and assured us you had a good, strong heart beat and were measuring at 7 weeks, 6 days! The doctor had estimated us to be 7 weeks 1 day, but I had thought we were a little further than that. Not quite that far though!

So we are now classified as 8 weeks and 2 days, as I write this. I'm excited to get started on all the ways I hope to document this journey - particularly as the kind scan lady sent us home with a few pictures, since we had to wait for our scan results until today (which Daddy is picking up for me since I'm at work!). We also can't wait to slowly start telling more of our family and friends... Starting with your Great Nan, who will be so excited about you! She's going to be hoping you are a little girl, so she can finally knit something pink! But she will love you regardless...

...As we already do little bean. Can't wait to see you again soon! Until then - grow strong!

Love, Mama

2 comments:

  1. I love your letters to little LR! They're adorable. You'll make an incredible mummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiera! I felt like I wanted to remember all those little things so I started creating drafts once we found out...to try and remember the big milestones, telling people, first appointments, etc. Almost like a diary. I find it easier to type things out then keep a physical journal these days! I plan to print them and put them in baby's book :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...