Thursday, July 19, 2012

our guestbook

Waaaaay back at the beginning of my foray into the wedding blog world, I found this awesome idea of a "Thumb Tree", and I fell in love. I blogged about it in an early post about some awesome ideas I would love to incorporate into our wedding.

The original "Thumb Tree" I fell in love with
[source]

Then along the way, I found another gorgeous thumb style guest book...and another...and another! So I thought I would share a collection here, for anyone else considering purchasing one of these awesome alternative guestbooks! Below are some of my favourites...Luckily for us, my gorgeous MoH is an artist and is designing our thumb guest book for us. When I stumbled upon a gorgeous "Just Married" car in a Style Me Pretty post one day (similar to the Bleu de Toi one below) and showed the future hubs, we both knew that was the style we liked the most. I can't wait to see what she comes up with and to have it hanging in our house one day after the wedding! We plan to have some gorgeous coloured inks available for our guests to "balloon" our car, as well as some baby wipes available for them to clean up their thumbs afterwards. I can't wait to see it all set up in our reception room!

We will probably also have a traditional guest book for those extra words or well wishes that anyone may want to share...and I love these gorgeous ones from etsy:

[source]
[source]
But for now - Enjoy the wonderful works of the artists below!

[source]

[source]

[source]

Bleu de Toi have a bunch of AMAZING thumb design guestbooks, including houses (perfect for house warmings!), trees, cars and now do gorgeous cupcake style ones for baby showers as well! Have a look if you are interested in really *different* style guestbooks! (please note that I have not been asked to endorse Bleu de Toi - I just think that they have a really broad range and I have only shown one image here...click along for more!)

9 comments:

  1. I like the kissing couple with the colorful ballons!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this one - it was my personal favourite but as a couple we decided on the "Just Married" car :) I'm sure I'll find another event to incorporate the silhouettes...Even if it means waiting til our vow renewals one day! haha

      Delete
  2. A friend of ours did the tree one for her wedding. I would test out your ink first. No matter how much we washed or wiped our fingers (with baby wipes) the ink would come off. It was all over the linens and even got on a girl's dress. It was a cute idea, but it turned into such a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had already planned to do this! My OCD nature had already planned to buy a few inks, test them out for smudge-friendly-ness, drying time AND removal from thumbs prior to the big day! Hopefully we can find a good one!

      Delete
  3. I did the thumb tree- it was pretty messy. Also you need to make sure the tree is big enough, because our wasn't (because the husband's aunt painted it for us) and people put the leafs every where- it looks pretty silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stacy! This is one reason we vetoed the tree and went with the car with balloons idea - it's less likely to look as silly since we can link any thumbprints up AFTERWARDS with strings, instead of before! We're going to leave the space above the car blank, let everyone put their thumb prints, then go back and turn them into balloon bunches afterwards...hopefully that will make each thumbprint seem more intentional and less like people ran out of space and went willy nilly?

      But you know what they say about the best laid plans...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! Thanks for coming along and checking it out! I hope to see you around!

      The photography on your blog is beautiful - I wish I could take such lovely pictures! xxx

      Delete
  5. I just love the one with the couple kissing and holding the balloons!!

    ALSO, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. You can check out all the details here:

    www.homesweethoosier.com

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...