Sunday, July 29, 2012

Liebster Award

Wow. The lovely Lexi from Home Sweet Hoosier shared a Liebster Award with me!! Thanks so much Lexi!

For those who (like me!) hadn't heard of the Liebster Award, it's a Blog Award that's has been making the rounds for a while now - although no one seems to be quite sure of where it originated. The general consensus seems to be somewhere in Germany, however the exact originator is unknown. Basically, the Award is used to recognise blogs with less then 200 followers.

The rules seem to have changed as the Award has made the rounds (a bit like Chinese whispers by the looks of it!) but the current version that I have been lucky enough to have been linked in with states:

1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. You must answer the questions the tagger sets for you plus create eleven questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven upcoming bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their blog and let them know you've nominated them!
5. No tag backs!

First of all - everyone go and check out the lovely Lexi - thank you so much for liking my blog enough to link me up with this Award Lexi!

Second up - here goes nothing!

Eleven things about me!

1. I'm the eldest of 4 children - I have a brother who is 24, a sister who is about to turn 21 (4 weeks after our wedding! A big year for our family this year!) and a brother who just turned 16.

2. I love strawberries, yet anything that is "flavoured" strawberry I generally don't like. If it's not real, it's not the same!

3. I currently have an obsession with all things grey and yellow! I can't wait to have a baby shower, just to have it in grey and yellow. (Ok, and for the fact that we would be, you know, *having a baby*.)

4. I suffer from a neurological condition known as Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania. I started as an Episodic sufferer before we even knew what I had, and was diagnosed almost 2 years ago now. It has impacted on my life immensely, which I think I've hinted at here on the blog but have not really gone into detail about. Maybe one day, when this blog transforms from a wedding planning blog into something more, I might go into more detail.

5. I'm a Godmother to 3 fantastic boys - my youngest brother Michael, my cousin Joshua (who is a helper at our wedding!) and the gorgeous Master Logan who was featured in our engagement party recaps - and 1 gorgeous little girl, Miss Emily, who is one of our flower girls.

6. I'm going to be a Godmummy AGAIN when Miss Emily's little sibling graces the world in December 2012! (Yes, I am building a little army of munchkins.)

7. My fiance calls me his strawberry. See #2. (*here's the bucket. I know.*) It does makes the strawberries in our engagement story make a little more sense though doesn't it?

8. The future hubs has decided that we aren't allowed to find out the sex of our future children before they are born. Hence #3.

9. I am *DYING* for us to have our own home already. I'm so impatient to have a house again to decorate and make our home. My personal Pinterest account is filled with ideas, DIY projects and plans for more rooms then I'm sure our house will have...Each room of our not-yet-purchased home could probably be decorated about 5 times...(Yes, you can see where this Blog will head can't you? Be prepared!...and maybe a little afraid!)

10. I'm finally starting to have a little bit of panic about our wedding. What if things don't come together? What if it just looks like a mishmash? What if the boys suits look terrible with the girls outfits? What if, what if, what if? They have been running through my head the last week or so now we have hit the 2 month mark today...In a way, it's a relief. I was beginning to think I wasn't normal...

11. I can't wait to marry my gorgeous man on the 29th of Semptember, 2012 - just 2 months away!!!

-------------------

The Questions Lexi provided!

Do you prefer painting or coloring?
Oooh this is a hard one but I'm going to go with colouring. I find it so soothing. The future hubs has actually purchased me colouring books in the past because I have actually enjoyed colouring in with the kiddies haha.

If you were choosing your last meal ever, what would be on the menu?
Creme Brulee, definitely. Some really fantastic baked potatoes. Oh I really don't know - there's too much fantastic food out there. I guess I'll say a really great baked dinner - it's the English side coming out of me! But seriously - the baked potatoes and the baked pumpkin better be fantastic!

What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
Hmmm....so many! Recently? Mad Men. I just watched Seasons 1 - 5 straight through. Now I'm at a loss - what do I do with myself? Normally, my guilty pleasure TV shows are ones that are no longer on, that I own the DVDs for and watch over and over (and over and over...)...Sadly I think The Hills and Charmed top this list! If I was to pick ones currently on TV I would probably say Hart of Dixie, Once Upon a Time or my guilty reality/trash TV show The Kardashians

If you could trade places with one reality TV star, who would it be?
Probably Lauren Conrad. See above.

What would you do with ten million dollars?
Buy a house (nothing flashy, just a 4 bedder in a nice area that we would purchase normally) and a new car, pay off any debts. Pay off my parent's house, my brother's house and buy my sister a house. Go on a holiday with my man, send each of our families on a holiday and put the rest into a really great account that will earn nice interest! And have a baby :)

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Hm. This is a hard one. Cleaning the house only to have it inconsiderately messed up moments later. REALLY bothers me. *Living* in it is one thing - walking into a perfectly cleaned room and leaving crap lying around for no reason? Just don't do it. I just spent all that time cleaning it man! At least let me enjoy it being clean for a few hours, maybe even a day...I guess that's just one everyday one - there are broad ones like RUDE DRIVERS. Man I hate rude drivers. And people who just suddenly stop walking when they are in front of you - I'm sorry, did you want everyone behind you to run into you? Where exactly do you want us to go?

Favorite place on the planet?
My mister's arms :)

Favorite food that you never make for yourself?
Creme brulee! (Can you tell what dessert will be making an appearance at our wedding?)

Cake or Pie?
Hmmm...Cake? (ps. We don't really do "pie" here in Australia! Aside from apple!)

Sweet or Salty?
Usually a sweet girl, although it is mostly just chocolate that I go for. Not so much lollies, cakes or biscuits. But I do have my moments where I need something savoury!

What would your Super Power be?
I used to wonder what I would choose all the time when I was a kid. I used to think invisibility would be pretty cool. Or being able to read minds. Then I saw that Charmed episode where Prue became and Empath and being able to hear everyone's thoughts kinda seemed like it would suck. So I think I would like the power of Telekinesis - moving objects with my mind. I could do good with that :)

And last, but certainly not least, some wonderful Blogs that I would like to pass the Liebster Award onto! (and your 11 questions)
These guys are all smaller blogs like myself who definitely deserve some recognition and some new followers, so go and check them out and say hi! Guys, if you don't get a chance to get around to this, that is perfectly ok - it's just a bit of fun :) Check out these awesome fellow blogs though!

- Loveliness of Life
- Flamingos in Raincoats
- Tiny Bits of Nonsense
- The Breit Side of Life
- Happily Ever After...Married
- The Handcrafted Life
- Life's A Dance
- The Bride-to-Be
- Whimsical Wifey
- A Day In the Life
- Lilian Harlow

The Questions:
1. If you could revisit (not change - revisit) one moment from your past to watch again, what moment would it be (the moment can be as long as you like - a few minutes to a whole day!)
2. Who is your favourite superhero and why?
3. If money was not a factor, what is a) one thing you would buy right now?
4. b) one thing you would do right now?
5. Who is the person that you most aspire to be like, famous or otherwise?
6. Which country do you think will get the most Gold medals in this years Olympic Games? (should we start taking bets?!)
7. What do you feel is your worst trait and why?
8. What is something your followers would be surprised to learn about you?
9. What food are you craving at the moment?
10. What is your favourite colour and what feelings/emotions do you associate with that colour?
11. If you could recommend one blog to your readers, who would you recommend? (Free shout out to someone in your Blog List!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...