Saturday, July 14, 2012

flower girl bags!

Finally, one of the promised DIY projects I've been working on! I told you they were coming...unfortunately a lot of the projects I've been working on I can't unveil until AFTER our wedding, but this little one I definitely can!

For the littlest members of our bridal party, I have been putting together some goody bags as their thank you presents! You have already seen the colouring books I made to go inside these little beauties, but along the way I have been picking up other little trinkets for the kiddies as well. But before we get there, let's show off the bags.

I purchased some canvas bags from our local Spotlight store and got to work designing a little flower girl pattern with the girls' names to print on my trusty iron-on transfer paper (this stuff has become my best friend throughout DIY wedding projects!). After flipping the image and printing it out, the project was obviously a simple one. Cut as close to the transfer design as possible and iron on! Unfortunately, my old, trusty iron-on transfer brand is discontinued and it took me a while to find a half-decent one...but this one isn't too bad.

This is how the bags turned out! One for each girl, with their name on the front.


And these are the goodies I've collected for the insides so far:


Each of the girls so far have their colouring in book, a pack of coloured pencils, a packet of fairy stickers, a lip gloss and (tying in with the mini-theme that seems to be an undercurrent of our wedding) little Cinderella and Prince Charming Wedding dolls!

Waiting to be added to to each of these bags is one of these little bracelets - each little miss will have one to match the backs of their colouring in books and lipglosses, as they have either pink or purple sets in their bags and one will have a flower and one will have a butterly...each with their initial on it.

[source]

I hope they will like their little collection of goodies. I'm debating whether to give them to them before the ceremony, while we are all getting ready, or to have them waiting for them on their chairs in the reception. Currently I'm leaning towards having them waiting for them on their chairs, so that they can have something to do during the reception!

Coming up soon is the ring bearer version ... what do you guys think so far? Such an easy DIY! What did you do for your little bridal party member thank you gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...