Friday, November 04, 2011

friday first dance finds #3

Today's first dance find is an amazing song that I LOVE (it probably helps that this artist has such an awesome name ;) hehe) and I remember getting really excited about when I found it...this will definitely be one of the songs playing in our little Chapel before our ceremony! It would make a cute first dance song as well though...

..."Marry Me" by Amanda Marshall. I love that it is a "Marry Me" song that isn't so well known and all over the radio (as much as I love the ones that are!) Without further ado, the YouTube link (unfortunately there's no film clip) and Lyrics are below. Enjoy!



I wanna laugh until I cry
Wake up with you each day 'till the day that I die
Let's go to New Orleans and watch the parade
Take funny pictures, eat jambalaya, and drink lemonade

And when the day is finally over and we stumble home
Before we sleep
Baby, marry me

I wanna drive until we get lost
Lie in a field staring up at the sky while you point out the Southern Cross
Somehow I know without asking why
That you love me more in a minute than anyone could in a lifetime

Dancing in the parking lot while the band plays inside
Sweep me off my feet
Baby, marry me

We don't need no preacher man readin' from the Good Book
And I don't want no fancy dress
Ain't no ceremony full of vows that I took
From the moment I met you I have been blessed

So let's make a toast and drink up the wine
Here's to you lying here next to me until the end of time
Wherever you are, I wanna be
And anything that means anything to ya means everything to me

Sneakin' out the back door while they're throwing the rice
And they'll talk for weeks but we're all we need
So baby, if you're free
Marry me
Baby, marry me
Marry me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...