Wednesday, November 16, 2011

we're back!!

Monday was a hard day. It was hard to sit at work and try and concentrate when only that morning I had woken up two mins away from this...



Yep, that's where we spent our weekend...well actually, day. My brother's in-laws recently bought an apartment to rent out which is literally 2 mins walk from this gorgeous beach. The fiance and I drove up there on Saturday evening, after baseball, stayed the night and then got to spend one glorious day on that beautiful beach with my brother and sister-in-law. We stayed Sunday night, then drove home bright and early on Monday morning in time for me to start work at 12pm. Oh how we wished we could have stayed longer!

Fiance, Me, My gorgeous SIL
Fiance and I with a photobomb from my brother
Fiance and I :)

It was a great weekend though and it was nice to get to spend some time relaxing...I can see many more weekends away up at the apartment when it's not in use, and there is talking of having a weekend away bachelourette party there!

The weekend wasn't completely wedding-topic free though, before we left for our mini escape the fiance and I sat down and managed to drum out our guest list for the wedding! And (*touch wood*) so far there have been no dramas! I even managed to get a draft table layout done. I'm in shock. I've heard so many horror stories about the guest list and the table layout that I was dreading broaching the subject with the future hubby, but so far we've managed to complete it unscathed. The only complaint we would really have is that the guest list is currently at 100 and we were trying to stick to around the 80 mark (that is the number that our original quote from the venue was based on), but given that our guest list currently includes EVERYONE that we 100% have to have there...we're pretty ok with that. We know that there are a few people who are highly likely to be unable to make it so hopefully that will bring it down to around 90. So not TOO much over our original quote.

I have to admit that I am being rather cautious though, it's almost as though I'm sitting and waiting for the other shoe to drop. There has to be drama somewhere...right?

But! Onwards until something goes wrong and then hey, we'll deal with it. I'm quite chuffed at what we have managed to organise so far. Now to find a florist, a baker, and work out whether a videographer is within our budget!...

...oh yeah, and maybe a dress!!!




Loved this little lifeguard stand. It made me want to decorate in grey and yellow in our new house even MORE!

3 comments:

  1. so jealous...it is like 35 degrees out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I had to stop and think about that for a minute, since for us 35 degrees is hot! (C vc. F haha) We had a 39 degree Celsius day here the other day and we all almost died - it's not even summer yet! Meant we had good beach weather though :)

    Ps. The trade off is pretty good - at least you guys get snow! I haven't seen snow since I was about 4 years old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little weekend getaways are the perfect way to rejuvinate..me and Groomzilla try to do them every couple of months just to get away and be only with eachother :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...