Thursday, August 30, 2012

a countdown check list!

As we are now officially under the month mark (yep, yesterday marked 1 month!) I'm beginning to freak out that I'm forgetting little things (or big things!) that may have just slipped my mind. I thought that this post (while possibly boring for others...I apologise if it is!) might lend itself not only to being a record of where we stand at one month out, but also as a step by step refresher to jump start my brain into remember anything it may have forgotten!


And so, I plan to break down the day in pieces, to work out what we have and haven't yet done!

ATTIRE

Bride's Dress - Ordered, fitted, waiting on final fitting and hopefully collection on the 14/09/2012
Bride's Shoes - 2 pairs! Still have to choose, but both are the same height so do not alter the dress
Bride's Undergarments - Cute underwear (a requirement in my mind!) have been purchased (very bride-y...white lace with sparky sliver ribbon...in case anyone wanted that much information...come on, we're all girlfriends here! haha), gorgeous white corset was purchased in case needed for the dress (it's not) and now will be kept for the wedding night and/or honeymoon, white satin nightgown purchased for wedding night AND today I got some cute little PJ's to wear the night before the wedding. I mean, we're having getting ready photos - I can't be wearing daggy PJ's! I also have a white satin "Bride" dressing gown that I'm probably a little *too* excited to get to wear! Oh and my BEAUTIFUL garter arrived earlier this week. I'm in love with it!
Bride's Veil - Still undecided. I need to choose between a new one and my Mum's veil and in order to do that, I need to take my Mum's into the store to try with the dress. Hopefully I can do this next week.
Bride's Hair - I purchased a gorgeous little inexpensive flower (despite finding any number of beautiful ones on etsy!) from a local store on my lunch break a few weeks ago!
Bride's Accessories - Clutch has been purchased (and will hopefully arrived in the next 2 weeks...cutting it fine!). Drop earrings were purchased some time ago and in my second earring hole I will be wearing the matching diamond studs to my engagement ring that the future hubby bought me. On my wrist I plan to wear my grandmother's gorgeous antique watch, one of my "Something Old" (it's sparkly...not a normal watch!). On my fingers will be only my engagement ring and my ring from my family from my 21st birthday, which has 1 diamond for each family member :)

Groom's Suit - Purchased, fitted and hanging in our bedroom! Includes his vest.
Groom's Accessories - Shoes are owned, will need to be shined (he didn't want new ones and risk getting uncomfortable ones he hates!). Belt has been purchased, cufflinks purchased, tie still to be purchased (this will be the bane of my existence, I swear!). I will purchase him some new socks! (and maybe some new hair paste!)
(How much easier is the boy's list?! Pffft!)

Bridesmaids Dresses - All purchased and were fitted, although we will have a "trying on" day in the next 2 weeks
Bridesmaids Shoes - All purchased, although one bridesmaid still needs to try hers on to confirm size, which will be given to her this weekend
Bridesmaids Accessories - Earrings were purchased by myself and are part of their gifts (although they are aware of this). Due to the style of their dress, bracelets aren't possible. Have been trying to look for a ring for each of the girls and will continue to do so, but due to teeny fingers, might not have luck. Possibly look for plastic ring inserts? Also, find out what type of clutch the girls would like.

Flower girl/Page Boy - Flower girl dresses arrived a few weeks ago, we have tried them on both girls and they fit perfectly. Need to get ribbons taken up and purchase shoes for the girls. Aiden's suit was ordered on Saturday and we are waiting for it to arrive, then we can have adjustments made. Also need to purchase shoes, shirt and tie.

Groomsmen Suits - Ordered, waiting on delivery. Then get all alterations made.
Groomsmen Accessories - All groomsmen except 1 have been in weddings in the last 6 months (and 3 of 4 in the SAME weddings) so all have black shoes and belts which they will use for our wedding. Cufflinks have been ordered and arrived. Ties were purchased and were collected by myself on Wednesday.

Confirm with all bridal party members who their partners are so they are aware for the day and are also aware what colour tie, etc. they will be having. Also provide each member with a rundown of the day. Create timeline for bridal party members.

GIFTS

Bridesmaids - I believe that I have everything ready for the bridesmaids gifts except for their little tags with their names/thank you note. If I have time, there is one more little thing I would like to create for our "getting ready" photos. Oh! And we need to get one part of the gifts engraved.
Groomsmen - I still need to make the names/thank you note tags for the groomsmen gifts also, and one gift was sent incorrectly so we are waiting for this to be resent (hopefully it arrives in time!). We still need to purchase 2 things for the groomsmen, and also need to get one part of their gifts engraved.
Flower girls/Page Boy - Gifts are purchased/ordered, however we are waiting for one thing for Aiden's gift to arrive.
Parents - We are in two minds over these because what we really would like to do we would actually do AFTER the wedding. We don't think our parents would mind. But we still might get something small for during.

CEREMONY

Programs - Basic design has been created. Final details need to be added, then programs need to be printed, and made. Small vintage-style suitcase has been purchased to display the programs and "Program" bunting sign has been made for the suitcase.
Tossing lavender - All bags have been purchased. One more bag of lavender needs to be purchased, however the store was out when I went in the other day. Tags need to be created for the bags. Small hatbox-style box has been purchased to display the bags. Sign to be created for the box.
Handkerchiefs - All created, with tags attached. Medium sized hatbox-style box purchased to display handkerchiefs. Sign to be created for box.
Display table - Table has been purchased. Linen tablecloth for table to be purchased. Misc. items for table have been purchased. Practice set-up and a picture needs to be taken for reference on wedding day.
Music - Music for signing of certificate, exiting Chapel needs to be selected. Playlist/CD (for prior to ceremony) needs to be created. Bridal entrance has been selected. Friend needs to be asked if willing to run the music for us during the ceremony.
Readings - Have been selected (as of today!). Need to confirm with SILs that they are still willing to read and share the reading with them. Need to forward selections to our Minister.
Vows - Need to make final decisions and forward to Minister. Need to confirm if we need to provide ribbon for the ceremony.
Decor - Provided by the Sebel! (Phew!)
Flower girl/Page Boy - Page boy ring pillow alternative purchased and arrived a long time ago - no issues. Flower girl posey alternative's are half-done. Still need to buy 2 small butterflies and hot glue onto heart.

RECEPTION

Seating:
- Need to finalise approx. 7 RSVPs. When this is done and seating chart is confirmed, write up seating chart lists and then create and decorate seating chart for display.
- Create placecards and bag appropriately for Sebel staff.
Decor:
- Favour bags have been created, will be creating actual favours on the 05/09/12 with Laina, then adding them to bags. Will also be creating candles for display around the room on this day.
- 3 more family photos to print and frame (2 more frames to purchase).
- Create signs for Guest Book area and Polaroid area.
- Create "Cards" bunting sign
- Attend meeting with florist for centrepiece trial to determine whether more flower are required
- Spray paint chandelier and add jewels when it arrives
- Determine whether we want any other decoration in the dance floor area
- Decide on music for: reception entrances, cake cutting, first dance, bouquet toss, garter toss and goodbye circle
- Email music choices and generic music options through to our DJ/MC
- Determine information required by MC and email through
- Email seating chart information through to the Sebel

FINAL PAYMENTS

To be made to:

- Cake Company
- Minister
- Photographer
- Hairdresser
- The Sebel

....Okay. It's long. But not as long or painful as I thought it would be. I'm still fearful there's things I'm forgetting but I feel like there's a good To Do list creatable from that rundown that I can now work from, and I feel like a lot of it is administrative things that we can hopefully knock over really soon! I would love to get as much done BEFORE that last week as possible. Is that too optimistic? Please tell me it isn't!

Anywho, thanks for sticking through that horrendously long and probably tedious for everyone but me post. To make up for it, I promise somewhat entertain Hen's Night pictures coming up, as well as a post on my Mum's awesome punch, coming up soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...