Friday, October 12, 2012

where to begin...

Wow. I can't actually believe that I'm at the point in my wedding blogging experience where it's time for recaps! I truly can't fathom where the last month and a half went. (not to mention that it is inconceivable to me that this Saturday we have been married for 2 weeks already...with everything that has gone on in the last 2 weeks it feels like a mere blink of an eye)

I've decided to wait for the professional photos (which should be coming very soon!) to start the wedding day recaps, despite the fact that there are literally THOUSANDS of guest photos (including at least a thousand from my little brother's camera!). So I think I will do what a lot of people have done, and start with our "mini-moon" recaps.

I realise that throughout the planning process I never spoke about our honeymoon or what we would be doing after our wedding...and that's because we're not going on our actual honeymoon until next year. My husband (yep, still getting a kick out of saying that!) is in his final semester of study, which started back up again after a 2 week break - on Monday. So, we only had a week after our wedding to work with, before he had to go back to class. We still wanted some time off to ourselves straight after the wedding though, and so our "mini-moon" was born...

We headed to Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Queensland for a week!

But more on that in the posts to come. For now, I leave you with a wedding teaser. This picture was the brain child of my sister-in-law (my brother's wife) who saw something similar on Pinterest and decided we HAD to do it. She made up the signs and we took this shot on her iPhone and sent it through to my Hubby-To-Be. Some time later, not long before our ceremony, when we were sure all the guests had pretty much arrived at our location, she then posted it on Facebook! Everyone LOVED this and I'm so glad she decided to do it. Hubs thought it was awesome, he loved it. He still has it on his phone...Our photographer tried to capture the moment that he received it but she was trying to be subtle about it and every time she walked down to his room his photo wasn't going off - it took forever for the picture to go through! So I don't think she managed to capture his reaction...but he remembers :)


Did you have any unusual moments before the Big Moment? Send each other letters? Have a first look? Anything to build up suspense?

1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...