Friday, October 21, 2011

friday first dance finds!

I've decided to start a new weekly post! Given that much of my wedding related activity lately is more research then creation, I wanted to find a way to record this on the blog. The future hubby and I have just begun discussing options for our first dance music (as my processional choice has been decided for years!) but I've been compiling music for a few months now.

Given that the word of the day when it comes to our wedding is trying to be "different" and all of the songs that are related to moments in our relationship are anything but, we are forgoing the idea of "our song" as our first dance and looking for a specific first dance song. During the search I've found some amazing music that isn't quite right for our first dance, but definitely might be for someone else out there! And since here in BlogWorld we just love to share, that's what I've decided to do :)

Now that's not to say that some familiar and probably very popular songs might not work there way on (come on, I can't resist putting Train's "Marry Me" on here at some point!) but I hope that you might find some refreshing options to the overused ones you might find on other corners of the Internet. And since we haven't chosen our song yet, ours might be hiding in the bunch!

I would love to hear your feedback on this - the good, the bad, the ugly - and whether it's something you'd like to see!!

Without further ado, the first Friday First Dance find - "Shattered" by Remy Zero



This song captivated me the moment I heard it on the Smallville soundtrack. The future hubby and I were both Smallville fans when we started dating, and he gave me a copy of the soundtrack. The future hubby loves his comics, and Superman is by far his fav. The fact he's secretly Superman (shhh don't tell anyone) has been an ongoing joke for years, and my family (and extended family!) have always loved finding random Superman finds for him!

(I'm also working on trying to get him to do an awesome photo op like this at the wedding!)

The music is beautiful and the lyrics hint at the amazing power someone can have with just a look - I certainly remember the first one the future hubby and I shared when we met!

The lyrics are included below for you, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do! Xx

Grace in light
Somehow I found you here
Torn from the hope and fear
Holds us inside

Pull me out
Out from the world I've known
And all love was broken cold
Brought me here

From you one look
Just one look and everything is shattered
From you one word
Towers burn and fall, fall, fall

Just be still
Arms just surround like the sun
Facing the life we've begun
It holds us inside

From you one look
Just one look and everything is shattered
From you one word
Towers burn and fall, fall, fall

From you one look
Just one look and everything is shattered
From you one word
Towers burn and fall and fall

Fires curl
Shadows surge
A hollow sound that no one else can hear
But me in silent streams
Forever more we dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...