Monday, September 03, 2012

Hen's Night Recap - The Finale

Read about the first part here!

After all our wonderful activities (and food!) at the Soho Hen's Wonderland, we ladies who decided to party on (those with young kiddies or baby bumps decided to head home!) jumped back on the train and headed to the Rocks at Circular Quay. Now if you remember from our engagement story, the fiance and I got engaged at the Rocks. In FACT, the Argyle, where we were headed, was right near where this whole thing started. So of course, we had to stop for some pictures...


We made it to the Argyle and got in without hassle, however they don't allow in Hen's or Buck's parties :( Because we weren't trashed (or trashy!) they let us in, but I had to check my feather boa and sash at the door. Sad! Little did they know though...I still had my shot glass and a purse full of feathers! Little rebel, I know...I was still a Hen, even if I had to be in secret!


The Argyle have the most AMAZING cocktail called "The Roxbury". We are going to attempt to re-create it at home one day, and I promise pictures and a recipe if we succeed!


I managed to get my hands on my little SIL-to-Be's camera yesterday and steal her photos...there are many entertaining ones of the night! (Most of which are NOT going to be shared. haha) Below are a mix from her camera and my friend Shelly's, of our time at the Argyle, drinking and dancing. We had a blast, chatting, chilling and "people-watching". When we got up to dance at the end of the night, we even had a guy rock and roll dance with us all, swing style...til his hands got a little grabby anyway...


After we all wore ourselves out (and we'd been partying for about 8 hours or so by this point) we said our good byes and started heading our separate ways...some were being collected by partners, some lived local and were catching cabs and some of us jumped back on the train for the trip home. We took quick night time snaps of the Bridge...


Played around with feathers...


And lost our mojo...


The fiance was lovely enough to collect my SIL and I at the station and drive us home. I happily left a bunch of feathers in his car also. As my MOH said - it was a Hen's Night "Hansel and Gretel" trail!!

I had such a fantastic night and cannot thank my wonderful bridal party enough, in particular the gorgeous MOH, Annie. And of course, their "helpers" and City direction-givers, our friends Erin and Amy (who consequently saw "Naked Man" a few days later, fully dressed and on George Street. Haha). We had such a great time that I am looking forward to our reception SO much with all these great friends around us. I can only hope my fiance has such a great time on his Buck's Weekend! :)

I'd love to hear about everyone else's Hen's/Bachelourette experience! Was yours just as memorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...