Wednesday, June 05, 2013

an update on comments

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give a quick update on the comment system here on the little ol' blog -

I thought I had turned off the word verification earlier in the blog's life, only to discover the other day it was turned on. So I switched it off! Since then I have had an immense increase in spam comments, so unfortunately I will have to turn it on again. I do apologise because I know that it can turn a lot of people off commenting...but I hope you will still stop by to say hi, I really love hearing from anyone who takes the time to read along!

On that note, I wanted to let you all know that I DO reply to comments! However, I reply in-thread so that other readers can see responses (unless it is very personal!) and I'm aware that you don't receive a notification this way to alert you to my reply. I do hope that if you ask a question of me or are interested in my response, you manage to see my replies at some stage...but I know that sometimes we can comment and then forget about it - not returning to have a look! So I put it to you all - would you prefer I switch over to direct email responses, so you can see my replies?

I look forward to hearing your opinions! And I'd like to take this opportunity to really thank everyone who reads along with this blog, who have taken the time to send some lovely comments and especially those who have followed along for some time! (although I always love to hear from new readers and welcome you with open arms!)

Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem. I just turned off the option for "anonymous" to post and it fixed the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately many of mine are no coming from Anonymous but from spam "Event" clubs and centres...Very annoying! :/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and comments! Please feel free to leave a little message below...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...